Skip to main content

Reluctant Shopper at Shoppers Stop

When I was growing up... the formative early teens, I used to have this recurrent dream before any big event. I would star in a game show, where the rules were simple. You had one minute and you grabbed what ever you could get your hands on, and who ever had the highest value of goods in their trolley at the end of the minute got to keep what they'd grabbed.

I kid you not about the adrenaline rush that one could experience when this happened. I also kid you not, about that sinking feeling I'd get when I woke up to realize that sadly, it was just a dream. Needless to say, I always won and got to keep everything I had in my trolley!

That's why this contest is on my blog. Despite the title, that I'm sure a few of you would have related to it, I think everyone is a shopper at heart. We all want luxury, except when it costs money. So this virtual shopping spree has a few rules. 1. I have to pick my absolute favorite, so I cannot have too many clothes. 2. I don't have to look at the prices, because Shoppers Stop as a brand guarantees quality and value for money. I didn't know until this contest, that they have online shopping too, which is fantastic!

So here she goes, dressed up for work during the holidays. Whilst most of us are off to celebrate, I know that that is not true for everyone :) That's why I opted to dress up a corporate working lady, who may or may not have plans for the evening. Here's my outfit, day/evening.. in case she decides



I'll begin with the perfume... there's only one that I own, and have used forever now, for work/evening it has to be DKNY Be Delicious Cherry Blossom. Price at Rs 2420 for 50ml.




















And to break it down...



This beautiful dress from Allen Solly is both feminine and strong. The gentle soft colour reminded me of a Japanese kimono dress, and priced at Rs.3499 (with an offer of 25% off if you buy two) it's definitely worth the look!













Matching the shade of the flower print of the dress above, and with a soft satin bow, is this evening shoe (I thought this was work appropriate) from Lemon Pepper. Priced at Rs1499, this shoe has to be the one that one that falls off at midnight at the end of this long work day meets party night!





Sling bags are the in thing, and so is contrasting colours. Working women know that small bags are easy to carry, but it's the bigger ones, sturdy as ever that can be relied upon to get us through the day. That, along with this unique shade of green, that makes the outfit pop is what made this bag from Hidesign stand out from the rest of the herd. An even square price at Rs 4195 and made out of faux leather, definitely a fit in on our celebratory day.





It's winter here in Bangalore but the sun is out in the afternoon in all brightness. For stylish protection, here's a name in the sunglasses industry that needs no introduction, Ray Ban. A definite investment at Rs 7390!

 

This dragonfly bracelet from Misaki Cultured pearls and the Cocoon Pearl Pendant with sterling silver chain ( chain suggested by the tool on Shoppers Stop) completes the outfit. An absolutely breathtaking pair, I was confident this was the last piece of the puzzle. Priced at Rs 6600Rs 6000 , the pair complete our shopping spree.


And I am aware I ran the bill quite high, especially for my reluctant shopper.. but hey, how often do you get to get a pick from the cream of the crop? Actually, let me answer that, just walk or sign into Shoppers Stop!

This post was written for Indiblogger for the Perfect Festive Look Contest.  

Comments

Ritesh Agarwal said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ritesh Agarwal said…
Your background is very nice...and the post too is pretty crisp...there's so much to learn from u.
Can u please tell me how do u tag the websites?
Saro said…
Sure, you need to highlight the word that u want the link to go to and click on the link button (next to the images button and paste the link)

And thank you for having a look at the blog! Do visit again :)
Ritesh Agarwal said…
Oh thanks so so so much....This was really helpful...
I always feared that I would die without knowing this secret.
Lipsy said…
oh this is such a fablous outfit set created by you and loved the way you described the dress !

Visit me sometime!
Fashion and Beauty Inside-Out!!
Jack said…
Saro,

Hope your dream came true some time.

Take care

Popular posts from this blog

Celebrations

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 16 ; the sixteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . It was a hard ground that felt like sand paper. When he started his journey, it was the soles of his feet that were in contact with the ground, but now as he pulled himself closer to the station, it was his whole body. His elbows were scraped, bloody and fresh scab peeled bled out to leave a trail of red on the wicked hot dusty ground of pain and suffering. All around him slow moving bodies crawled towards the direction of hope, all along leaving patterns of blood, sweat, skin and pus. These bodies had seen civil wars, droughts, genocide and lived to tell a tale of a people who now belonged to a nation listed as one of the poorest countries in the world. This is now, but before the list, was a struggle of massive proportions, under reported and quietly hidden

Escape

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 10 ; the tenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . The Temple Widow A narrow dirt path, generously peppered with tiny pebbles, tiny miniatures of their gargantuan ancestors, leads to a bridge. It hangs, rickety and old. Old but not well used, old like abandoned and not frequently used. The bridge hangs low over a small stream that slowly gurgles past, happy unlike those that visit the place. The bridge leads to a temple. It is not very big, only perhaps the size of a small hut and at the most the size of an average temple hall. The temple has no deity; the temple has no one corner that doesn’t look like the other. It is clean, well swept, and empty. It has no furniture, and excepting a series of well spaced out windows, the walls remains uninterrupted. She stumbles in, the lady. She is not very tal

Time Travel

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 8 ; the eighth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton . I haven't got the memory of a vedic tantric. Neither do I ever claim to remember all. All I know is what I know, question my memory if you want to. I don't ask you to remember, I don't ask you to believe. In fact, I'm not asking you for anything at all. It is your choice to be here, to read this. So no, I don't owe you a favor. I happened to chance upon a watch, on one of my travels. Turning the dials of such a watch, could transport you to the past, to the future, to any time. But time, my friend, is not how you think it is. It is not a straight line, and you cannot just by chance hop into the world of dinosaurs and wooden weapons. It is a series of transparencies, like films of clean sheets of paper laid on top of each other. You look from above